OpenSDE is a community driven project. Most of us devote part of there spare time to bring you this great piece of software. However, we have great plans for OpenSDE, but for this we need some help. So if you are able and willing to help, please get involved and let us together create a stunning piece of software.
There are several reasons why contributing is a good thing to do.
- By answering other people's questions, you can learn more for yourself.
- By reporting issues, you ensure that bugs don't get missed, or forgotten.
- By submitting your own fixes, they get incorporated faster.
- You will be giving back to a community that has brought you OpenSDE for free.
- By contributing you automatically become part of the OpenSDE community.
- It feels good to see a project include your contribution.
- And most importantly. It is just plain and simple fun.
Use OpenSDE and give feedback
By using OpenSDE you are already helping. But you would be helping even more by giving us feedback. Tell us what you think, where you see improvements, documentation you miss, features you like to see added or problems/flaws you encountered. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. It allows us to evolve OpenSDE and make it even better.
There are various was you feedback can reach us. Have a look at our contact page. Questions, advise and features request are all welcome so don't hesitate and send in you feedback.
Skills we need
Even though there are already a number of people working on OpenSDE we still lack a number of very important skills. We need for instance people with the following skills:
- Graphic artists
- Target maintainers
- Documentation writers
If you possess any of these skills and are willing to contribute, please contact us. If your skills are not on this list, don't despair. Any contribution no matter how small is highly appreciated. So get in contact and with some luck you could start contributing today.